Weber Thompson, an award winning architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and community/urban design firm has an opening on our landscape architecture team. Our projects are complex and you will work hard – but you will be alongside a great group of people who prioritize collaboration and humor in their day-to-day work. We work in a light filled, passively cooled office building in the middle of the highly energized South Lake Union neighborhood in Seattle.
Our office is a friendly and low-key, yet a deadline-driven environment with minimal egos. If this sounds good to you, please consider applying for the position below:
Mid-Level Landscape Architect / Designer
- Under the guidance of our Landscape Architecture Principal, you will work as project manager to design and develop a diverse range of projects from the schematic design phase through the construction documents phase
- Put together working drawings with a high level of detail and clarity
- Coordinate with clients, consultants, and other team members
- Create project presentations including informational graphics, digital renderings, and 3-D models
- Assist in construction administration
- Licensed Landscape Architect or actively working towards licensure preferred.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Landscape Architecture.
- 4+ years of professional experience working on projects in urban areas.
- Excellent digital visualization skills and good freehand graphics are a must.
- Strong external communication skills and confidence in interacting with internal team members and clients.
- Must be highly organized, efficient, self-motivated/self-directing, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates flexible, proactive and creative personality, well-suited to working within a small team.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office. Experience with Revit is a plus.
- LEED Certification is a plus
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your cover letter (important!) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t meet the requirements, please do not reply and check back for a job posting that fits your qualifications in the future.
High Rise Designer
Working closely with our High Rise Design Principal, this position develops feasibility studies, produces design concepts and manages digital models. We need someone with a great design eye, who is comfortable reading and interpreting code, and is a savvy problem solver. Resilience and flexibility is a requirement. You must be a master at Sketchup, Maxwell, Rhino, InDesign, and Photoshop or Illustrator. Excel, Autocad and/or Revit experience are necessary, while 3D Max, and Creative Cloud, are a plus. A minimum of five years of experience in an architecture firm working on large residential projects from conceptual design through entitlement documentation and public design reviews is required. A Degree in architecture from an accredited program and a track for licensure is necessary, and a Professional or master’s degree is preferred. LEED AP Accreditation is a plus.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your cover letter (important!), portfolio (smaller than 10M) and resume to email@example.com. If you don’t meet the requirements, please do not replay and check back for a job posting that fits your qualifications in the future.