Weber Thompson is an award winning architectural, interior design, landscape architectural and community design firm. Our projects are complex and challenging – but we are a great group of talented design professionals who value collaboration and humor in our day-to-day dedication to create success via design and technical excellence. We work in a light filled, passively cooled office building in the middle of the highly energized South Lake Union neighborhood in Seattle.
Our office is a friendly and low-key, yet deadline-driven environment with minimal egos. If this sounds good to you, please consider applying for the positions below:
We are looking for a self-starter with 8+ years of overall experience including 2+ years of experience managing the design and construction of residential projects. You must believe in premium client care and possess excellent communication, collaboration, team building and organizational skills. Strong fiscal and schedule management abilities are required in addition to knowledge and comfort with local jurisdictions and an interest in high sustainable strategies and design. Revit experience is required as well as a degree in Architecture from an accredited program. LEED AP Accreditation and a Master’s degree is preferred as well as Licensure.
Working closely with our design leaders in our mid-rise residential studio, on both market rate and affordable housing projects, this position develops early concept feasibility studies, designs and digital models throughout the project phases. We need someone with a great design eye, who is comfortable reading and interpreting code, can track project and program information, and is a savvy problem solver. Urban planning experience is a plus. Resilience and flexibility is a requirement. You must be a master at Sketchup, Maxwell or 3D Max, Creative Cloud and Revit. A minimum of five years of experience in an architecture firm working on large residential projects from conceptual design through entitlement documentation and later design phases is required. A professional degree in architecture from an accredited program is necessary. Licensing and LEED Accreditation are encouraged and preferred.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your cover letter (important!), portfolio (smaller than 10M) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t meet the requirements, please do not reply and check back for a job posting that fits your qualifications in the future.
We are seeking a Project Accountant to work closely with our Project Managers and Principals to establish and maintain financial records for our projects. This Project Accountant is part of the Accounting team and maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the Operations Principal. The right person has a strong work ethic and analytical capabilities, a high level of initiative, ability to be flexible and work quickly and accurately as part of a team. We are looking for someone who can get into the weeds, yet still be able to take a big picture view. The Project Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties to include accounts receivable, billings, consultant accounts payable and contract administration support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Projects Managers; participate as an active project team member on all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Support, track and review client and consultant contracts and work with project teams to insure contract compliance and understanding of contract terms.
- Review sub-consultant invoices for compliance with project terms and level of completion
- Track and manage additional services and ensure they are properly processed with the client and billed appropriately.
- Client invoicing for all types of projects
- Work with Operations Principal on forecasting
- Track and analyze revenue, sales attribution and reporting requirements using established and custom reports.
- Set up projects for tracking and billing in Deltek Vision software
- Monitor and resolve accounting issues.
- Maintain historic tracking of fee for future benchmarks.
- Manage project archiving and purging
- Support Operations Principal with special projects
- Oversee accounts receivable and track client payments
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a professional services firm; Architecture or Engineering firm experience a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Work and Excel
- Experience with a financial and project management system, Deltek Vision is a plus
- Strong accounting skills
- A problem solving mentality with a high capability for analysis
- Superb attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude
- Demonstrate high integrity, trustworthiness and reliability
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under deadline situations.
- Ability to prioritize workload
- A sense of humor
Are you cool under pressure and can handle multiple phone lines ringing and several tasks all at once? We are looking for a smart, quick-witted, technically-savvy receptionist to manage the front desk of our lively and fun office. You will handle all incoming phone calls and present a highly professional and friendly appearance to everyone who comes to our office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the phones
- Manage our four conference rooms
- Greet visitors, offering coffee
- Manage our kitchen
- Manage several of our vendors
- General clerical duties, including AP, credit card receipt management
- Ordering supplies, lunches, etc.
- Others as needed.
Job Skills Required:
- 2+ years in a professional setting
- Professional, well spoken with excellent communication skills
- Organized and tidy – this position is at our front desk, which must be kept clean
- Adept and comfortable with technology
- Detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Go To Meetings
This is a full time position, with hours from 8am to 5pm with a one hour lunch.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your cover letter (important!) and resume to email@example.com. If you don’t meet the requirements, please do not reply and check back for additional openings in the coming months.
We offer one internship position each summer through the University of Washington’s graduate program. Occasionally, we take on additional interns from other programs. If you are not a UW student and are interested in an internship position, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.